Call for projects
Tauw Foundation puts out tenders, or challenges, to invite proposals for dream projects that wish to qualify for (financial) support. Selection takes place through a tender procedure.
At least once a year, Tauw Foundation puts out a tender, or challenge, to invite proposals for dream projects that wish to qualify for (financial) support. Selection takes place through a tender procedure. The Foundation Board in cooperation with the program office ultimately selects proposals that qualify for funding from the full list of submitted proposals.
A step-by-step tender procedure
The current tender procedure is composed of the following steps:
- Tauw Foundation draws up the Terms of Reference containing information on the essential focus and or context, the criteria and the tender procedure.
- Tauw Foundation organises a so-called “Ideation” process, which includes a pre-selection of 10 detailed ideas.
- The selected bidders now specify and submit their proposals to Tauw Foundation.
- The next step is that bidders pitch the submitted proposals.
- Tauw Foundation assesses the proposals.
- Tauw Foundation announces which proposals will be approved.
- Tauw Foundation draws up contracts.
Criteria and conditions
Terms of reference
The initiatives that can be selected for financial support are deemed to meet the following criteria.
The initiatives should:
✔ Be in line with our vision and mission www.tauwfoundation.com;
✔ Aim to achieve social impact;
✔ Share publicly the gained knowledge and experience;
✔ Help make things possible which would otherwise not happen, set something in motion;
✔ Be a project or catalyst rather than long-term operational support;
✔ Be a consortium of at least two professional organizations working together;
✔ Be innovative or an innovative application of existing knowledge.
Criteria and conditions
In addition to the above-mentioned substantive dream project criteria, projects must meet some financial preconditions. These are:
✔ Because the initiatives must have an impact and the Tauw Foundation’s contribution must make a difference, the total project budget should be at least EUR 50,000, taxes included;
✔ The project must have a multiplier. The Tauw Foundation’s contribution is no more than 50% of the total funds required for the project. The contribution of Tauw Foundation is considered as seed money;
✔ The intention is to provide support between EUR 25,000 and EUR 50,000 per initiative, taxes included. When the sum of the submitted contributions exceeds the Foundation’s yearly budget, a selection will be made of initiatives that suit our criteria best;
✔ The requested budget must be in line with market practice and price.
✔ We grant a maximum of 2 years support;
✔ Tauw Foundation will not invest risk capital in a project just to achieve a financial return.
- Launch of the call by Tauw Foundation on November 2nd 2020, with clarification of the Terms of Reference and financial preconditions.
- Period of submission of first ideas closes on January 3th 2021. The program office can be contacted by e-mail for additional information during this period through email@example.com.
- The preselection of nominated ideas/initiatives will be completed by the Foundation by February 3th 2021 at the latest, based on review of the proposals on the predefined criteria.
- The nominated initiatives are asked to specify their final proposals according to a predefined format and submit them before March 4th 2021. If the selection criteria are not met during the preselection phase and the evaluation results in a ‘no-go’, no adjusted proposal can be submitted during the same call.
- The initiatives selected for approval will be announced by Tauw Foundation in April 2021.