Call for projects
The call for projects is open!
At least once a year, the TAUW Foundation calls for new dream projects that wish to qualify for (financial) support. The selection of proposals follows a tender procedure.
A step-by-step tender procedure
The current tender procedure is composed of the following steps:
- TAUW Foundation draws up the Terms of Reference containing information on the essential focus and or context, the criteria and the tender procedure.
- TAUW Foundation organises a so-called “Ideation” process, which includes a pre-selection of 10 detailed ideas.
- The selected bidders now specify and submit their proposals to TAUW Foundation.
- The next step is that bidders pitch the submitted proposals.
- TAUW Foundation assesses the proposals.
- TAUW Foundation announces which proposals will be approved.
- TAUW Foundation draws up contracts.
Criteria and conditions
Terms of reference
The initiatives that can be selected for financial support are deemed to meet the following criteria.
The initiatives should:
✔ Be in line with our vision and mission www.tauwfoundation.com;
✔ Aim to achieve social impact;
✔ Share publicly the gained knowledge and experience;
✔ Help make things possible which would otherwise not happen, set something in motion;
✔ Be a project or catalyst rather than long-term operational support;
✔ Be a consortium of at least two professional organizations working together;
✔ Be innovative or an innovative application of existing knowledge.
In addition to the above-mentioned substantive dream project criteria, projects must meet some financial preconditions. These are:
✔ Because the initiatives must have an impact and the TAUW Foundation’s contribution must make a difference, the total project budget should be at least EUR 50,000, taxes included;
✔ The project must have a multiplier. The TAUW Foundation’s contribution is no more than 50% of the total funds required for the project. The contribution of Tauw Foundation is considered as seed money;
✔ The intention is to provide support between EUR 25,000 and EUR 100,000 per initiative, taxes included. When the sum of the submitted contributions exceeds the Foundation’s yearly budget, a selection will be made of initiatives that suit our criteria best;
✔ The requested budget must be in line with market practice and price.
✔ We grant a maximum of 2 years support;
✔ TAUW Foundation will not invest risk capital in a project just to achieve a financial return.