Call for projects
The call for projects is closed
Twice a year, the TAUW Foundation calls for new dream projects that wish to qualify for (financial) support. The selection of proposals follows a tender procedure. Follow the website for updates on the call for projects.
The summer call for projects opens in June and closes October 1st.
The winter call for projects opens in December and closes April 1st.
A step-by-step tender procedure
The current tender procedure is composed of the following steps:
- TAUW Foundation draws up the Terms of Reference containing information on the essential focus and or context, the criteria and the tender procedure.
- TAUW Foundation organises a so-called “Ideation” process, which includes a pre-selection of 10 detailed ideas.
- The selected bidders now specify and submit their proposals to TAUW Foundation.
- The next step is that bidders pitch the submitted proposals.
- TAUW Foundation assesses the proposals.
- TAUW Foundation announces which proposals will be approved.
- TAUW Foundation draws up contracts.
Criteria and conditions
Terms of reference
The initiatives that can be selected for financial support are deemed to meet the following criteria.
Download the document below for a detailed checklist.
The initiatives should:
✔ Be in line with our vision and mission www.tauwfoundation.com;
✔ Aim to achieve social impact;
✔ Share publicly the gained knowledge and experience;
✔ Help make things possible which would otherwise not happen, set something in motion;
✔ Be a project or catalyst rather than long-term operational support;
✔ Be a consortium of at least two professional organizations working together;
✔ Be innovative or an innovative application of existing knowledge.
In addition to the above-mentioned substantive dream project criteria, projects must meet some financial preconditions. These are:
✔ Because the initiatives must have an impact and the TAUW Foundation’s contribution must make a difference, the total project budget should be at least EUR 50,000, taxes included;
✔ The project must have a multiplier. The TAUW Foundation’s contribution is no more than 50% of the total funds required for the project. The contribution of Tauw Foundation is considered as seed money;
✔ The intention is to provide support between EUR 25,000 and EUR 100,000 per initiative, taxes included. When the sum of the submitted contributions exceeds the Foundation’s yearly budget, a selection will be made of initiatives that suit our criteria best;
✔ The requested budget must be in line with market practice and price.
✔ We grant a maximum of 2 years support;
✔ TAUW Foundation will not invest risk capital in a project just to achieve a financial return.